Call for Papers
World Wide Web journal (Springer) - Special issue on “Social computing and big data applications”
Call for Papers:
The popularity of social networking and Internet connectivity, as well as the massive data generated from various platforms and digitalized systems, offers researchers with unprecedented opportunities to study user behavior patterns and understand practical implications for various applications, which were previously difficult to explore due to the lack of data. Now, with the large amount of data and data mining techniques available, more real-world social problems may be understood, analyzed and possibly addressed, including but not limited to anomalous (or even criminal) individuals and groups, rumor dissemination, financial crisis, disaster response, and precise medicine.
This special issue of World Wide Web: Internet and Web Information Systems (WWW) will focus on the theory and applications of social computing and big data analytics. This special issue covers two folds: (1) recent applications on social computing; and (2) novel techniques on how big data can solve real social and human problems. We solicit papers covering various topics of interest that include, but not limited to, the following:
Big data applications on precise medicine and human health;
· Data mining of large scale networks and big data;
· Social behavior modeling, understanding, and patterns mining;
· Social computing practice and theory;
· Smart cities, smart mobility, and urban informatics;
· Computational social science and applications;
· Social analytics and societal behavior for prediction;
· Social computing and social networks;
· Social influence modeling and analysis;
· Algorithmic and systems support for mining large-scale social data.
· Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by, other journals.
· All papers will be reviewed following standard reviewing procedures for the Journal.
· Prospective authors must prepare their submissions in accordance with the guidelines specified in the “Instructions for Authors” of the WWW journal: www.springer.com/11280 .
· Submit manuscripts to: http://WWWJ.edmgr.com